Wednesday 8 October 2008

music and thoughts on peoples reactions

What about ´in heaven everything is fine` from the Eraserhead movie? Also available as the Pixies cover. All on u tube.
It´s a bit like a mantra of consolation, is it too sarcastic? I guess that´s what I like about it.
I was thinking about the voices of the people left behind, not only the amish, but also the wider public and their reactions to the tragedy. How is the media dealing with the subject- what a convoy- have u seen it on the u tube video? And then the woman lamenting on the roadside. It seemed like she used the situation to produce herself, or is that her way of dealing with grief? What do I know.

In the book ´Hey Nostradamus` The first quarter of the story is the voice of a shot schoolgirl, remembering the incident, intercut with the curses and prayers of people left behind. I think that´s quite a good way of showing a scope of reactions to a described event...

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I've just heard the track "in heaven everything is fine" it sounds really good I think i prefer the version from the movie than the version by Pixies as it made more of an impact than the pixies version also listen to the track "return to innocence" by enigma I was just watching a you tube video about the shooting and it was playing that track thinking about the innocence of the children and watching the photo it brought back just how young and innocence they all were.