Saturday 15 November 2008

Questions for Janice

Did you write this message?

What can I possibly ask you?

How are you now?

How did you cope with the events in the aftermath?

Did the process of writing help?

How do you seperate your emotions from the work you do?

In the future, do you think you will be able to work in the medical profession after such a traumatic event?

What did you think about the Amish forgiveness?

Would you be willing to provide us with any (free) information or facts that you deem appropriate enough to help with our devising?

How did you feel about the media attention?

Do you do anything to remember the event by?
Do you do anything to forget the event?

How does it make you feel that a group of performance students is creating work based on the events in Nickelmines?

2 comments:

Janice said...

Yes, I am Janice and I wrote the message. I'm doing much better now than 2 years ago. People told me I was really in bad shape; I knew I had to find something to do to occupy my mind, which is why I decided to write my book of memoirs now, rather than as I had planned to do, when I retired.

Writing the book occupied my mind for the past 2 years; it helped me tremendously.

It's difficult to separate my emotions from my work, but I have to. I release my emotions later.

I currently work full time in a skilled nursing facility, where I continue to see life and death; and I am a volunteer EMT. I left my coroner position in 1/08, after 4 very long years.

The Amish choose to forgive. They have to work hard to do this. Forgiveness is our choice.

To answer all of your questions, I would encourage everyone to purchase one of my books. I believe I answer all of your questions in it.

But if you have any specific ones, just ask.

Thank you.

Janice Ballenger

Janice said...

Oops, forgot something, it is "Nickel Mines". Actually, it was the West Nickel Mines School.